Adventure is just over the horizon.

The Journey begins here.....













Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thin crimps and cold temps!

Lately it seems I'm behind the lens more than anything when I go out climbing with my friends. I'm discovering I have a passion for outdoor photography and I would like to step it up a notch with better equipment when I can afford it. Right now I'm using a great little Nikon Coolpix 5600. It has been on many adventures in the past few years including a trip up El Capitan in Yosemite Valley to the beautiful alpine walls here in Colorado. I never leave home without it.

Yesterday I climbed up at Rincon wall in Eldorado Canyon with the usual crew and snapped some great pics of Josh leading a route called Camouflage. It's desperate crimping on a steep slab clocking in at a "sandbagged" 5.12b. I have yet to try it, but will probably give it a go sometime in the future. I still need to send Superfly!

Josh on the thin start to Camouflage


Josh making a dicey clip


Very insecure moves on Camouflage

No comments:

Post a Comment