Adventure is just over the horizon.

The Journey begins here.....













Sunday, May 31, 2009

So close, yet so far......

I met my friend Shumin over in Eldo this morning for a half day of climbing. The weather was gorgeous, another perfect day in Colorado. He suggested I try Hairstyles from the ground up, I'm smitten. Luckily, there wasn't a mob scene on the Bastille crack so Shumin headed up to the belay for our route. I joined him shortly and started putting my rack together. I had the pre-climb jitters but I knew that I could send the route regardless. After the initial apph pitch I was standing at the base of hairstyles and clipped the first bolt. When I arrived at the 11+ pre-crux, I grabbed the sharp sidepull and stood up on the small ledge. The next move is kinda tough and I was really amped up and just tossed for a hold and missed and took my first fall. Oh well, Maybe next time. I continued up to the main business of the route and launched into the cryptic sequence and fell again. Slow down, I told myself, you know these moves. I tried again and made it thru this time and stood up on the big ledge. Another 25 feet and I'm clipping the anchor. Hopefully it will go next trip out.

Shumin coming up the last 20 ft of Hairstyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment