Adventure is just over the horizon.

The Journey begins here.....













Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to the project for a final burn.

Yesterday morning was so nice I decided to head back over to Eldo and rope solo Hairstyles/Attitude one final time before leading it. The canyon was a flurry of activity considering it was a weekday and the Bastille was the crag of choice for most since it faces north. I made my way up the steep climbers trail to the summit to set up my fixed line. As I looked down, setting up, I saw several parties of climbers coming up the ever popular Bastille crack. After getting my line set up I slowly lowered down the steep face to the start of the route. Once I was set, I begin climbing up the steep juggy start. I cruised the initial 11+ crux that sets you up for the main business of the climb. Not having warmed up on anything, I could feel a "flash" pump quickly coming on. I decided to hang and "de-pump" so I would have a chance at the crux section. After a quick rest I started up the tricky crux section and fell about halfway thru it. Ahhhh! I lowered back down and tried again and reached my previous highpoint, thinking, I just may get it this time! I honed in on the next series of holds and continued up hitting every move with precision. As I latched onto the finishing hold, I let out a "whoop"! I finally solved the puzzle. Next trip, I"ll come back with someone so I can tie into the sharp end.
back on top after figuring it out

No comments:

Post a Comment