Adventure is just over the horizon.

The Journey begins here.....













Monday, May 25, 2009

Hairstyles and big attitude.

I woke up early this morning (memorial day) and decided to buzz over to Eldo and do a few laps on a route called Hairstyles and attitude. I tried the line about 2 years ago but never went back to finish it. About a week ago, a local hardman named Scott sent the rig on gear! It's a bolted route with about 10 clips or so. The crux section is kinda involved and goes on for about 8 feet or so. It ain't no two move wonder, that's for sure. After about two burns on it I almost have the crux figured out and hope to go back and send it. However, I'll be clipping the bolts! I also ran into my friend Shumin on the top of the Bastille. He had just climbed the route Northwest corner with Shawn M.

Sandy(my wife) met me about noon in Boulder and we headed to the Original Pancake House for a late breakfast. Today was also the day for the Bolder Boulder(10k race) so traffic was heavy on hwy 36. Just as I was approaching downtown, sitting at a traffic light, I felt my car shutter and watched as someone sideswiped the left side of my car. Shocked, I tried to get a good look at the offending vehicle because it kept on going down the road. Sandy actually jumped out of the car and chased the red suv down the road but they got away. In the end, there was no damage done to my vehicle, just an exchange of paint mostly. After eating, we walked around the Boulder creek festival and picked up some nice framed photos for the house.

hangin' out on top of the Bastille.

No comments:

Post a Comment