Adventure is just over the horizon.

The Journey begins here.....













Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day of Rest

Well, I've been out in the Valley for about a week now and I'm beat! Besides one day of rest for rainy weather, this is the first full day I've taken off. I drove into Mariposa for food and gas and stopped by the local library which has free internet.

Anyway, my first day in the Valley I climbed the first 10 pitches or so of the "Nose". Wow, talk about jumping into the "deep end" my first day! I climbed it with a friend of a friend who lives up in Vancover named Mike. We wanted to reach "Dolt Tower" but decided to stop at the top of the "stove legs" due to pending darkness. It's amazing how fast one can get off the nose since it has a dedicated rap route.

Next day it rained, but no big deal because I was a little tired from climbing the nose the day before. Hung out with my Skyeler from Durango for most of the day.

Day three was beautiful so me and Skyeler headed up to Pat and Jacks cliff do do a little "craggin". Highlight of the day was a route called the "Tube" It's a left facing corner clocking in at 11a.

My good friend Scott Bennett rolled into the Valley that evening and was amped up to do something big. So, we hiked up to the Ribbon Falls area to check out "Gold Wall". It's about 9 pitches or so and has some really hard climbing that can be easily aided with a bolt ladder down low. We chose to do the "Silent Line" finish which was really good. I linked two pitches together which provided a 215ft amazing hand, fist crack. Once on top we had an amazing view of Ribbon Falls which is going full force right now. The whole valley is full of beautiful waterfalls right now!

Yesterday was without a doubt the best day yet. Me and Scott hiked up to Hihger Catherdal rock to climb Crucifix. This is probably one of the best routes I have ever climbed. 12a crux with multiple 11+ climbing above that. Even the 5.10 pitches were hard due to their sustained nature. This climb has it all, fingers, hands, fists, off-hands, OFFWIDTH, and other sorts of weirdness.

Sorry for no pics yet, maybe when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment